Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Little Helper

Being a Mom of boy-girl twins, I have a built in experiment on the mysteries of gender differences. Is it nature or nurture? I think we'd all agree that it is both, but nature sure does play a big role. Jackie actually enjoys domestic chores. She will ask to help fold laundry or make dinner. She will help put the groceries away. She's a great little helper. I have to stop my driving attitude that might say," Not now honey." because it will just get done faster if I do it myself, and take the time to enjoy her partaking in the duty. Meanwhile, rather than feeling left out, Zac is perfectly happy hanging back to play the Wii. Eventually he will be expected to learn the basics of self sufficiency.
On this particular night we made a old favorite recipe I got from my college roomie, Peg. It's called Flaky Bamboo and Beef buns. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the hamburger, so these buns are a nice alternative. Jackie doesn't care for them much, but it didn't stop her from wanting to make them. And my hope is if she makes them, perhaps she'll like them more.








Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment