Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mini-Maine Trip, The Kid's First Camping Trip

My good friend Susan and her husband Scott invited us to come up to their campsite in Belgrade Maine to go fishing and camping this past August. We spent a long weekend at their house in South Portland and a night at their campsite at the Belgrade stream. There were many firsts for the kids; sleeping in a tent, hauling wood for the fire, trying to paddle a kayak, playing bacce ball, catching a fish and even using a porta-potty. Zac caught a pike and sunfish. Chuck got some nibbles and Jackie caught 'salad'. The boys went out on the boat a second time while the girls went off for a swim and a ride to town for an ice cream. I loved the scenery of the country roads of this area. It reminded me of my childhood days when my parents had a lakeside camp. The night sky was full of stars that you just can't see back home. The photos of the pool were back at Susan's house. On the way home, we took the coastal route home to stop at Marginal Way in Ogunquit Maine. Thank you to my friends for a great experience!





























No comments:

Post a Comment