Thursday, December 3, 2009

Farewell To Fall

With Thanksgiving behind us, the pumpkins and Autumn wreath have been replaced with Christmas decorations. The holiday season is in full momentum. Today's weather started with a driving rain, only to clear into a sunny windy day with record temperatures hitting a high of 68 degrees in Boston. We have only had a few frigid days so far. It doesn't feel like December never mind Christmas, but we have carols playing on the radio, the holiday push commercials and empty bank accounts to remind us we are to be merry and bright. I had little time to slow down to enjoy my most favorite time of the year, now it's gone! This fall was busy. The kids after school activities were swim, soccer, and karate. We all came down with swine flu right at Halloween while having west coast visitors here for a visit. I was sick for 3 weeks with a bonus of pneumonia and an ear infection. I've recovered just in time for the hustle and bustle of the holiday errands and duties. I haven't played with the camera as much as I would like this fall, but here is a tidbit of our fall happenings.

Our good family friend, Sheila, knit these sweaters for the kids. I promised I would send her some photos of the kids modeling the sweaters. Beautiful sweaters, beautiful kids (if I do say so myself).


Jac-n-Zac trick or treating at our next door neighbors home with their pal Lucy.


Here they are saying hello to our other next door neighbor, Richard.

Here is Dale Earnhardt Jr and Kitty. We were all sick on Halloween. I couldn't say no to trick or treating....the kids wouldn't have that! Grampsy and cousin Bryon had come a long way to watch the kids trick or treat. Ahh, the dilemmas of parenting. Needless to say, I didn't make much of an effort to get that perfect Halloween shot.



Here is team Charge. It was Zac and Jac's first year playing soccer.







No comments:

Post a Comment