Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another Milestone Makes Memory Lane

If I had known how quickly Jackie would pick up bike riding without training wheels, I would have put some time aside a long time ago to coach her. It took three tries at the park matched with the sense of adventure and determination from the rider and voila! When it comes to multiples, any milestone is a huge effort. Imagine potty training two kids at the same time or having both simultaneously going through the terrible two's, or having your kids learn how free it feels to run (in different directions) at the same time. My head bows to parents of triplets, quads, and so on. The thought of running along side a pair of novice bikers sounded exhausting, neither Chuck or I jumped at the task. On the other hand, I felt guilty that they were six and I hadn't even made an effort to show them the way. The first try was early in the summer. Jackie seemed very ready and not afraid. One try for Zac and he conveyed 'NO WAY'. Zac tends to be cautious with new motor skills. Dad demonstrated little patience for the job. So, the past two Sundays, Jackie and I went off to the park to give it a whirl. It was manageable with a singleton! In fact, we had lots of fun in the process! The pride and joy reminded me of the thrill I felt when she took her first steps. Shame on me for procrastinating! I realized that these moments will be fewer and fewer as they grow. Zac's competitive side has him envious of Jackie's accomplishment. He is now motivated to learn. I am excited to take this journey with him and will be sure to add his experiences to the blog.
I'm so proud of you Jackie!

Way to go!

You go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment